About the island
The island is around 10km long and 5km wide and is surrounded by crystal clear waters and beautiful sandy beaches. Molat's main settlement is Brgulje, a charming little village with narrow streets, stone houses and a lovely harbour. Other settlements on the island are Zapuntel and Molat.
Visiting Molat island
The most popular way to visit it would be by taking one of its daily ferries from nearby Zadar, but if you have some time on your hands or want an adventure then boat tours are also available for those who wish so!
The majority of the island's accommodation, restaurants and bars can be found in Brgulje. The harbour is a great place to sit and watch the world go by, and there are some lovely narrow streets to explore.
If you're looking for a bit of peace and quiet, Zapuntel is also a good place to stay. It's a small village located on the east side of the island and has a few houses, a restaurant and a couple of beaches.
Things to do on Molat island
There are plenty of things to do on Molat island, whether you're looking for a relaxing holiday or something more active. Here are some of the best:
Swimming and sunbathing: Molat is well known for its beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters, so swimming and sunbathing are definitely recommended.
- Hiking: Molat is a great place for hiking, with plenty of trails to explore.
- Cycling: Molat is a great place to cycle, with plenty of quiet roads and beautiful scenery.
- Diving and snorkelling: Molat has some excellent diving and snorkelling spots.
- Fishing: Molat is a great place for fishing, with plenty of good spots to try.
- Boating: Molat is a great place to go boating, with plenty of sheltered bays and coves to explore.
So if you're looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday in an unspoilt corner of Croatia, Molat island is definitely worth considering!
Our learning coordinator Anđela is here to help!
We’ll be happy to tell you more about our language school and the learning options we offer. Feel free to contact Anđela directly for a chat about any questions you might have!