Published: 11 July 2014
By Iva Bezinović
The new and improved vocab trainer!
At the beginning of 2014 we launched an online Croatian vocabulary trainer to help students test their basic vocabulary, with a total of 200 common Croatian words.
Since then the trainer has been used over 40,000 times and we've received lots of feedback and suggestions. This week we've updated the page which now features:
- 600 everyday Croatian words to learn
- Words categories: Activities, Animals, Body parts, Clothes, Colours, Crockery, Describing things, Describing people, Drinks, Family, Food, Illness, In a hotel, In the house, Numbers, Occupations, Public holidays, Shops, Transport and Weather
- Test yourself on words from an individual category or from the complete list
- We'll be updated the trainer with new words and categories periodically!
Croatian language level test
We also have an in-depth Croatian language level test with sections on comprehension, vocabulary and grammar.
Based on your results, your estimated language level (e.g. A1, B1, C2) is displayed immediately after completing the test, no need to fill out any personal information.
The test consists of 60 multiple choice questions and takes 15 minutes to complete.
We'd love to hear what you think!
We'd be grateful to receive an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a message through our Learn Croatian Facebook page if you:
- take either test and have any suggestions, comments or notice any mistakes
- have any other suggestions for online learning tools which might be useful for students learning Croatian
- know of other online resources which we could recommend to our students